So, I know I like to call myself the pancake queen, but this new recipe has definitly confirmed my seat on the royal pancake thrown.
Some of you will be not so keen on the idea of savoury pancakes (as i was too) but they are so worth trying!!!
INGREDIENTS: 2 X PEOPLE
250g Butternut squash
100g Self Raising Flour
35g of Parmesan Cheese
175ml of Milk (Almond)
Sprig of rosemary
1) Slice the butternut into chunks or thin slices, drizzle with olive oil and a sprinkle of salt.
2) Once cooked, move the butternut to a bowl and mash with a fork.
3) Then sieve in the self raising flour and marsh all together.
4) Next pour in the milk, step by step, mixing as you go. (The mixture may look a little lumpy at this point).
5) Then make a well in the middle of the mixture and crack in your egg. Also add half of your grated parmesan.
6) Stir all the mixture together until a slightly thick batter is formed. (You may need to add more flour, or if too thick add more milk.)
7) In a pan melt a little bit of olive oil then cook for about a minute of each side (or until golden brown on each side).
8) Stack your pancakes up, and then top with crumbled feta cheese, and roasted cherry tomatoes for (veggies) and for those who want eat meat, in the left over pan, sizzle some slices of thin parma ham until crispy.
9) Finally, drizzle your pancakes with honey and balsamic vinegar glaze.
If you try this out, pls leave me any feedback