It's all about balance right? Well I definitely think it should be, so I whipped up these gooey chocolate chip peanut butter cookies and I have to say myself they were just insane! Yes they are also vegan too, so not egg or dairy.
INGREDIENTS 8 X COOKIES
200g Plain Flour
20g Cocoa Powder
50g Caster Sugar
75g Light Brown Sugar
1/2tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
70g Peanut Butter
110g Dark Chocolate Chunks
100g Golden Syrup
40g Peanut Pieces
60g Unsalted Butter/Margarine
1) I bowl no.1 add the flour, cocoa powder, bicarbonate of soda, caster sugar, soft light brown sugar, peanut pieces, salt chocolate pieces and mix together.
2) In a second bowl, mix together the peanut butter, butter/margarine, water and golden syrup.
3) Then add one bowl to the others and mix well, I used a spoon instead of a mixer to not break up the pieces and then use your hands to bring it together.
4) Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper and then split your dough into 8-10 ball sized pieces and I slightly flatten the top with your hand.
5) Now to get a really gooey middle its all about the time we bake SOO I would say bake for 8-10 minutes max, depending on the thickness. If the centre is still soft but the edges warm you should take them out.
6) Leave to cool for 15 minutes and they will still be so gooey inside.
Hope you enjoy!