Theres nothing better than feeling full from a warm bowl of healthy soup, packed with lots of veggies and really super easy to make.
In most of my soup recipes, I always use a leak, celery and veg stock, as i find these 2 ingredients bring most of the flavour.
- 1 Leek
- 1 Celery stick
- 1 Med Potato (peeled)
- 1 handful of spinach
- Teaspoon of veg stock
- Cup of water
1) In a pan melt a knob of butter and a dollop of olive oil
2) Add the chopped leak and celery and cubed potato. Stir well.
3) Place the lid on the pan and let the veg 'sweat' for 5 mins, so all the flavours are kept.
4) Next add the teaspoon of veg stock (no more as it could go salty) and then stir for another 2 mins to allow the stock to be absorbed.
5) Add the water to the pan, just up until all the veg is covered.
6) Leave to simmer for 20/25mins.
7) Add a handful or more of fresh spinach.
8) Blitz all together using a hand wish, (I tried a nutibullet before but while still hot its not a good idea.
9) Add a dollop of cream fresh if needed
Enjoy this green healthy goodness