Do you ever get the feeling when, after a long few weeks of being crazy busy, with whatever you have been doing, you take a few days off and some time to relax and catch up on sleep and within hours from this you've suddenly got a cold!!! Your nose feels blocked, throat feels scratchy and slightly flemy (gross but true). What is that all about??
Well its basically your body finally switching off from constantly being awake and on the go and allowing your auto immune system to take a break. When this happens all your natural defence mechanisms slightly let down their guard and this makes you become more susceptible to infections and viruses, basically making it easier for viruses to enter your body.
So yesterday after waking up feeling so clogged up and also annoyed that after one good sleep I had managed to get a cold, I mixed up this little juice concoction to help boost my immune system and keep my natural bodily defensives up.
I would defiantly recommend having this at least twice a week on top of keeping really hydrated.
4 x Blood Oranges
1/2 x Grapefruit
Apple Cider Vinegar
Manuka Honey (not essential)
50 ml of Boiling water
100ml of Water
1. Cut the oranges and grapefruit in half, and squeeze all the juice out in jug.
2. Next add a 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar, 1/2 tsp of turmeric, a 1 tsp of Manuka honey (this is expensive so don't worry if not), then add the boiling water and stir well!
3. Once well mixed add the rest of the cold water and mix well again. (Give it a taste at this point, if the Turmeric tastes too strong then add more water
4. Leave in the fridge to chill for 20 mins.
5. Stir before you taste and enjoy
Hopefully this little mix of ingredients will give your immune system a boost. As i said above having it more than just once a week will help see the benefits more.